Suitable for multi-layer sequential sputtering of two materials, the Q300T D Plus has two independent sputtering heads, which allows sequential sputtering of two metals without the need to break vacuum. The system is fully automated with user deﬁned recipes controlling the pumping sequence, time, number of sputter cycles, and the current used during the process. Unlimited layers of varying thickness from two target materials can be sputtered sequentially by cycling between both targets. When not in use the targets are shuttered for protection from contamination.
- Capable of achieving vacuum of 5 x 10-5 mbar
- New touch and swipe capacitive screen
- USB port for upgrades and download of process log files
- Multiple-user profiles can be set up on one machine
- New software sorts recipes per user according to recent use
- 16GB of memory can store more than 1000 recipes
- New multi-colour LED visual status indicator
- Interchangeable stage options
- Two sputter heads for large area deposition of different materials
- Single head selection for small samples
Substrates can be coated using non-oxidising (noble) metals such as gold (Au) and platinum (Pt). For coatings with a ﬁne grain structure iridium (Ir) can also be used. With the high-quality vacuum system the Q300T D Plus is also capable of using oxidising metal targets such as chromium (Cr) and aluminium (Al) to produce ﬁne ﬁlms and coatings. The Q300T D Plus comes as standard with a chromium (Cr) target and gold (Au) target
Recommended applications for the Q300T D Plus:
- Ideal for multi-layer coating
- Adhesion studies
These products are for Research Use Only.
New user interface has been thoroughly updated:
• Dual-core ARM processor for a fast, responsive display
• Capacitive touch screen is more sensitive for ease of use
• User interface software has been extensively revised, using a modern smartphone-style interface
• Comprehensive context-sensitive help
• USB interface allows easy software updates and backing up/copying of recipe files to USB stick
• Process log files can be exported via USB port in .csv format for analysis in Excel or similar. Log files include date, time and process parameters.
• 16GB of flash memory can store more than
• Quick and easy creation of process sequences with a simple copy, drag and drop operation
Allows multiple users to input and store coating recipes. New feature to sort recipes per user according to recent use.
System prompts user to confirm target material and it then automatically selects appropriate parameters for that material
Intuitive software allows the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. For convenience a number of typical sputtering and carbon coating profiles are already stored but also allows the user to create their own.
Software detects failure to achieve vacuum in a set period of time and shuts down the process in case of vacuum leak, which ensures pump protection from overheating.
Detachable chamber with built-in implosion guard
Removable glass chamber and easily accessible base and top plate allows for an easy cleaning process.
Users can rapidly change the chamber, if necessary, to avoid cross contamination of sensitive samples.
Tall chamber option is available for improved uniformity for sputtering and to hold larger substrates.
Dual head sputtering – for sequential sputtering
The Q300T D Plus has two independent sputtering heads to allow sequential sputtering of two different metals without the need to ‘break’ vacuum, for example, a thin ‘seeding’ layer of chromium (Cr) followed by deposition of gold (Au). An automatic shutter mechanism enables cleaning of oxidising sputter targets and protects the second target and substrate during coatings. For single metal applications one target can be selected.
Multiple stage options
The Q300T D has substrate stages to meet most requirements. All are easy-change, drop-in style (no screws) and are height adjustable (except the rotary planetary stage). A swinging arm stage drive is supplied as standard, which is a stage drive and positioning mechanism that positions the stage under the correct target. Rotation speed is variable between 14-38 rpm:
In addition a ﬂat, adjustable stage capable of accepting 4” (101.6 mm) wafers is supplied as standard with the Q300T D Plus.
As an accessory, a 6” wafer stage is available, which is a ﬂat adjustable stage capable of accepting 6” or 150 mm wafers. The stage includes two masks for improving uniformity of coating.
Rotation stage – 50 mm Ø. This stage only rotates and has no tilt or height adjustment.
Rotate-tilt stage – 50 mm Ø. With height adjustment (target to stage height variable between 30-80 mm). The tilt angle can be pre-set (horizontal to 30°).
Rotation stage for glass slides – 25mm x 76mm
The Q300T D Plus meets key industry CE standards
• All electronic components are protected by covers
• Implosion guard prevents user injury in event of chamber failure
• Vacuum interlocks remove power from deposition sources to prevent user exposure to high voltage in event of chamber being opened
• Overheating protection shuts down power supply
High vacuum turbo pumping allows sputtering of a wide range of oxidising and non-oxidising metals for thin ﬁlm and electron microscopy applications. Automatic vacuum control which can be pre-programmed to suit the process and material, therefore removing the need for manual intervention or control.
Cool magnetron sputtering
Sputter coating is a technique widely used in various applications; it is possible to create a plasma and sputter metals with high voltage, poor vacuum and no automation. However, this is not suitable for some applications because it can heat the substrate and result in damage when the plasma interacts with the substrate. The Q series uses low temperature enhanced-plasma magnetrons optimised for the turbomolecular pump pressures, combined with low current and deposition control, which ensures your substrate is protected and uniformly coated.
The Q300T D Plus uses easy-change, 57 mm diameter, disc-style targets which are designed to sputter oxidising and noble metals. It is fitted with gold (Au) and chromium (Cr) sputter targets as standard.
Pulsed cleaning for aluminium sputtering
Aluminium (Al) rapidly forms an oxide layer which can be difficult to remove. The Q300T D Plus has a special recipe for aluminium that reduces the oxide removal time and prevents excessive pre-sputtering of the target.
Film thickness monitor
The Q300T D Plus can be ﬁtted with an optional dual ﬁlm thickness monitor (FTM), which measures the coating thickness on two quartz crystal monitors located within the chamber. The thickness measured on the monitor can be correlated to the thickness on the substrate using a mathematical formula built into the software; this allows the user to control the thickness of material deposited on to the substrate. For example, the Q300T D Plus can automatically terminate a coating proﬁle when the required thickness has been achieved. Alternatively, the process can be terminated by time.